We see training and equipping as a very important part of what we do, not least because Ephesians 4.12 talks about “equipping God’s people for works of service” as a key part of the function of Ephesians 4 leadership. We offer a range of training, seeking to equip everyone in the church for what God has called them to do. As a family of churches we see much of our training delivered in the local church or in the regions. Regional teams provide support to local leaders to ensure high quality training across a range of areas. Some more specialist training is delivered at a national or continental level.
King's Theological College
(formerly King's Bible College & Training Centre; KBCTC)
Important News - The College has closed. Please see www.kingstheology.org for our ongoing theology programmes.
We have been reviewing the theological training we offer and have decided to cease offering 1-year courses. For full details see our website
King's Online Bible School
Description: Providing local church leaders with the resources to nurture their members in God’s Word and equip them to be Christ’s servants.
How long: Our full-time curriculum is equivalent to a nine-month Bible School program. Part-time students are encouraged to complete one term within one calendar year.
How much: free
Where: Anywhere online
Find out more: www.kingsonline.org
Training in the UK seeks to serve the 2020vision of producing 300 leaders by 2020. These leaders need to be trained in content (i.e. theology), character and competency (leadership skills). A new distance learning theological school, King's School of Theology has been developed to complement the provision through KTC and a leadership training course has also been devised that can be run by the regions.
Training across five francophone centers: (Brussels, Lausanne, Marseille, Paris and Lille) Programme Josué is a three level course that takes place each year on year. These three levels of training are independent, each addressing a different audience.
Level 1: Leadership in the church.
Audience: Potential leaders of house groups, youth, etc..
Launch in September 2011
Level 2: Building the church.
Audience: Pastors, youth pastors, leadership teams.
Launch in September 2012
Level 3: Serving trans-locally.
Audience: Pastors, potential and existing Ephesians 4 Ministries.
Launch in September 2013
Gateway Ministries Training
As a movement of churches, we believe that Christians should be consistently growing in their faith and walk with God. To help with this, we have put together resources that will nurture this journey.
- For people wanting to find out more about the Christian faith, we suggest they go on our Foundation Course.
- For those who are regular members of a GMI church, we run, what we call, a ‘Discovering my Ministry’ course. This one-off afternoon session will help you look at areas in the life of the church, where your skills and talents could be used. We encourage all our members to serve and function in an area of church life.
- We have further courses to help raise up and train leaders who seek to shoulder responsibilities for our growing churches.
- The Antioch Training Centre (ATC) is a nine-month, intensive Bible college course that is committed to the holistic growth and development of men and women by discipleship.
- To build and strengthen Christian character and commitment by emphasizing personal and community spiritual disciplines, essential to the educational process.
To provide a Christ-centered, Biblically-oriented systematic course, designed to enrich the student's faith and speak with integrity to our pluralistic society.
- To impart social attitudes and skills that will enable students to understand relate effectively to a multifaceted community.
- To motivate and train students to advance the growth and mission of the church, by providing regular and meaningful ministerial opportunities geared towards church planting.
- To provide and facilitate exposure trips, to various mission fields, so as to equip them to a more holistic approach to missions.
- To make them aware of social need and equip them to pioneer ministries among the poor and needy.
Subjects that will be included: Biblical Survey Soteriology Books of Law Worship Church History Church Planting Inner Healing Books of History Gospels Homiletics Epistles Discipleship Pnuematology Leadership Christian Home Poetical Books Eschatology Prophetic Books Prayer Sunday School Apologetics Sanctification Christology